THE THIRD COUNTRY DIMENSION IN THE FIGHT AGAINST TAX CRIMES, TAX EVASION AND TAX AVOIDANCE
Panel 1: Risks in the field of tax policy associated with Brexit :
– How Brexit will affect issues that already exist with tax and financial policy of certain British Crown Dependencies?
– Possible solutions to the EU-UK tax relations in the context of Brexit
Commissioner Barnier and Mr Hammond or a representative of the UK government will not be able to be present.
Margareth Hodge, Member of the UK Parliament, has confirmed her attendance. Invitations have been sent to a representative of Business Europe and Global Witness.
– Lessons to be learned from other EU-third countries trade agreements (Norway, Switzerland, …)
– How bilateral tax treaties and free trade agreements can facilitate fighting against illicit financial flows and tax evasion?
– Impact on developing countries
So far, confirmations were received from
Mr Yarboy Mensah (via video conference), Co Chair man of UN committee on experts of international cooperation in tax matters. He belongs to Ghana revenue authorities.
And Kasia Szeniawska, International Tax Policy and Programme Advisor | ACTIONAID DENMARK